Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The start to our BIG move


On August 20th, Eric, my mom and I took a drive to Charlotte for the very first time to look for apartments. We had no idea what to expect, neither of us had been to Charlotte before.

The area was recommended to us by some friends in Columbia, South Carolina. So we took their word for it, they mentioned the area was nice, it was a great city and it was a growing city too. We thought after graduation this would be a perfect place to venture off to for a couple years, while we were still young. After mentioning the idea to friends and family, we heard more and more about how great of a city it was. It was great to hear that and very reassuring! We knew we had made the right decision. I think one of the selling points for the both of us was we were going to be three hours from the mountains in one direction and three hours from the shores of the Atlantic in another direction (I REALLY liked this part!).

We finally arrived in Charlotte on the 21st. That night Eric and I went for a drive to see the Downtown area, or what they call it Uptown. That was the very first thing we noticed was different. We knew it would take us some time to get used to calling downtown, uptown. I soon fell in love with the city! It was so different from other bigger cities I have been to. It was very clean! I couldn't believe how clean it was. Also, I felt safe. That was huge. I felt as if I could walk around down there/up there alone. The people walking around were close to our age and business men and women all dressed very well, almost too well! It made us feel like we weren't dressed up enough just walking around in shorts and t-shirts. So our first impression was a great one!

The very next day we spent driving around looking at and viewing apartments. We found one we really liked for an AMAZING price, but then the very next day our first apartment we viewed was exactly what we were looking for and we signed the lease that very day. Our trip was a success and we officially had our apartment starting August 27th. It was a wonderful feeling. The official move in date: September 3rd, 2008.

~Hammer

No comments: